sinking throttle pedal

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: sinking throttle pedal
From: Stephen Waybright <gswaybright@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 14:21:53 -0700 (PDT)
At one point during a short cruise the other day, my throttle pedal
sank to the floor, while the rest of the linkage and cable ruturned to
the idle position. I got home by reaching under the dash and operating
the linkage to the throttle cable by hand.

I haven't torn into it yet, but it appears that the rod from the pedal
rides around another rod that actually pulls the throttle cable and
that they clamp to each other to allow pedal hight adjustment????

Bottom line is that I tried to tighten the nut on this clamping
mechanism, but the pedal still just slips relative to the rest of the
throttle assy. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Stephen Waybright

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com