Re: Waterpump hub

To: Joe Schuessler <j.schuessler@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Waterpump hub
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2003 08:45:39 -0700
OK, Guys,

What we are all missing here is a good picture of what this looks like.

  I think we all understand that Rootes (Ford) reversed the original
stepped hub, that had a 1 inch diameter hub section with the fan mount
threads, and the smaller diameter forward for centering the fan blades.
This was done to move the fan blades further back from being really
close radiator, at the least cost.  They did not have to pull the
original one, just install it backwards originally for the special order.

Take out your Tiger "Sunbeam '260 - 289' Workshop Manual', or look at
the one on the TigersUnited.com site, under Section A (Cooling System),
pages 6-9 and see the pictures. <http://www.tigersunited.com/wsm/wsma6.asp>

I know, it doesn't appear that they used the same pump in every picture,
but then these are the Ford inputs, and their own manuals are the same
level of consistency.  Anyway, it is better than trying to see through
the pulley to figure out what is underneath an assembled car.

A picture is worth 1,000 words. So, eight pictures ought to be worth
something!  (9-)

Steve

--

Steve Laifman