Re: Front and rear track widths

To: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Front and rear track widths
From: Stephen Waybright <gswaybright@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 19:18:39 -0700 (PDT)
I've often wondered why so many folks consider the narrower rear track
to be a design flaw in the Tiger. It may be aesthetically questionable,
but I believe it's proper engineering. Aside from the advantages
mentioned by Carrol Smith, a narrower rear track is key to high speed
stability. Consider the extreme case where the rear end would be a
single wheel... that single tire would tend to act like the tail of a
weather vane. Now imagine the weather vane tail out in front. Any
amount of side load will force the vane to rapidly swing around 180
degrees. A narrower rear track is an inherently stable design.

Stephen Waybright

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com