FW: British Legends Weekend 2003

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: British Legends Weekend 2003
From: "Olson, Mark W" <mark.w.olson@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 11:39:31 -0700
FYI

-----Original Message-----

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: British Legends Weekend 2003

  Greetings fellow enthusiasts,
    I'd like to bring to your attention a great event taking place on
Columbus Day Weekend, 2003.
  The British Legends Weekend will be happening again this year,
October 11-13, 2002. Being hosted by the Cape Cod British Car Club, this
event is getting larger every year.
      Saturday, October 12 will be an "Upper-Cape" seaside tour,
stopping by an Inn owned by one of our members and featuring a
collection of over 50 sports cars. Most are British and all are
red...The tour will then loop around the western shoreline, past Woods
Hole and Nobska Lighthouse and end up at a Bar-B-Q at the Woods Hole
Oceanographic Institution overlooking the ocean to Martha's Vineyard
Island.
      Sunday is the British Legends Car Show being held at
Marine Park, Falmouth Harbor. Participant's choice format with 3
trophies in 28 classes, and 1st place MG-T series takes the 2nd Annual
Jerry Goguen Memorial Trophy. Goodie-bags with show t-shirts are given
to the first 150 entrants, along with a raffle ticket for a table-full
of door prizes. We will have other raffles, too, including a 50/50 cash
drawing. New this year will be rocker box races, and an autojumble with
new
and used LBC parts for sale or trade. A food concession will be provided
by a local civic organization. Also, a portion of the show proceeds are
being donated to a local charity.
    Monday morning will wrap things up with brunch at The British
Beer Company in Falmouth Heights, across the street from one of
Falmouth's most popular beaches.
    All activities were planned taking full advantage of Cape Cod's
beauty and charm. All events will have you at the most beautiful spots
the Cape has to offer!!
Show sponsors so far are Old Speckled Hen, The British Beer Company,
Coca-Cola of Cape Cod and the Islands, and The G.H. Dunn Insurance
Agency.
    This is our third year hosting this event, and it just keeps getting
bigger and better. Don't miss out on this one!
  All information, including events, registration, and lodging options,
can be found on our website at:
  http://www.capecodbritishcarclub.org/
 From the homepage, look for the British Legends Weekend logo on
the screen.
  Happy motoring, and we hope to see you in October.
Kevin Thompson
President
Cape Cod British Car Club
ktnkt@cape.com
508-540-7401
  PS  please accept my apologies for cross posting this to multiple
lists....