Windshield seal

To: alpines@autox.team.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Windshield seal
From: Chris Mottram <c_mottram@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 13:58:45 -0700 (PDT)
Help,
I just installed a new vacuum formed dash pad and am
trying to get the windshield mounted. It seems like
because of the thickness of the dash pad, the seal at
the base of the windshield is going to NOT be able to
fill the gap around the outside front of the
windshield.  Is there a secret here?  Should I trim
the dash pad way back?  Right now it goes up pretty
close to the front of windshield mounting surface
(right before the body contours down to the bulk
head).  What a pain......

Chris