Possibly Dangerous Handling posted on Forum

To: "Tiger's Den" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Possibly Dangerous Handling posted on Forum
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 10:37:25 -0700
"NewTigerGuy" <jsloan798@earthlink.net> has posted a question on the
TigersUnited Forum that probably needs wider distribution at this point.
The best answers can be placed on the list, but being unsure of whether
Scott Sloan is a list member it is probably a good idea to paste the
response in an reply to his posting on the Forum under "Rootes Workshop
Manual Subjects" / Section J - Steering / Touchy Steering , from which
his inquiry was copied.

It sounds like a very serious handling situation, which could get dangerous.

The following is a direct quote from his Forum post, noted above, and is
sent as a courtesy and request for support.

P.S.  I suggest, Scott, that you enroll in the Tiger E-Mail list.  See
http://www.classictiger.com/subscribe.html  for instructions.

Quote from TigersUnited Forum:

"I am trying to figure out what is wrong with the steering on my Tiger.
It seems as though the steering is way too sensitive. It has a Dana 44
Rear end that is wider than the front end, but other than that, I am not
sure what I can do to reduce the amount to responsiveness it has. At
slow speeds I can move the wheel less than two inches in either
direction and the car will turn sharply. At higher speeds, it take even
less movement, or even a good bump to get the car to track erratically.
This is the last hurdle I have to get my car on the road. The way it is
now is way too unsafe. Any suggestions? Can an alignment shop help, or
might I pay a lot for nothing. Thanks for any suggestions.

Scott

NewTigerGuy <jsloan798@earthlink.net>

Scott

 From Steve