POR Questions??????

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>,
Subject: POR Questions??????
From: "Dan Eiland" <deiland1@elp.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 14:36:50 -0600
Hi Folks,

Thought I would put this out on the three lists I pay most attention too.
I'm in the process of rebuilding the suspension on my '74 Jensen Healey and
have been going back and forth between powder-coating or using POR Blackcote
or POR Chassis Coat paint. Would like to hear what others thoughts are on
the subject. If I go with the POR product do I really need to apply POR 15
to the suspension parts? It seems to me I could just apply a couple of coats
of the Blackcoat and be done with it. I am dismantling the entire suspension
and bead blasting every part. This should leave an excellent surface for
either, Powder coating or POR. I am seriously leaning towards the POR
product. Everything I have read or heard about the product has been
excellent. I had planned to purchase the POR cleaner, metal prep and
Blackcoat paint. I thought about ordering the mix pack which should be
enough to do the entire suspension. Then I got to wondering if I really
needed to apply rust proofing to the suspension parts. What is the real
difference between the Blackcoat and the Chassis Coat? They almost sound the
same. Any input is always appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan Eiland