"Lemans" Sunbeam Tiger on Ebay

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: "Lemans" Sunbeam Tiger on Ebay
From: <jxnichols@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 16:16:09 -0400
 On Ebay there is a "Lemans"  Sunbeam Tiger up for bid.  Hmmm, I thought, one
of the Lister Tigers is for sale, lets check this out!  I was a bit
disappointed to find the car was just a regular Tiger.  The seller mentions
that this car is famous because two years ago it happened to be at Le Mans and
the engine was swapped into  a Lister Tiger which had blown its engine.  After
the vintage race, the used engine was put back in the donor,  run of the mill,
Sunbeam Tiger.    Thus the claim of  "Le Mans" Sunbeam Tiger.  This leads me
to believe we can start a whole new industry of swapping part from real race
cars to other cars and making ludicrous claims.  I can just see it now, "Yes
sir, I have a "Le Mans" Ford Mustang GT because that wiper blade was once on a
Ford GT 40 that drove at Le Mans!"

                                      Stock Car Racer  Jeff     (I once sat in
a NASCAR racer)