Re: Restoration Ruminations

To: "Frank Marrone" <itswonderful@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: Restoration Ruminations
From: Rob Guerra <tiger351w@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 11:16:00 -0700
Frank,

It's very cool that you are almost done.  I can relate to the vast number
of hours it takes to complete such a daunting task.  When we worked on my
tiger I calculated that Tom, Sam, and I spent more than 1500 - 2000 man
hours on my car. Fortunately, we were able to do that in just over 7
months.  It certainly helped having a schedule that was flexible.  There
were many days that we would get 30 or so man hours on the car, each of us
working on separate tasks.

I also had the luxury of having 3 other tiger in the garage to go reference
as a template for re assembly.  Not to mention, the Tom's limitless
generosity when it came to those really hard to find parts.  Whenever I
came across a stumbling block for a part that was "unobtainium", Tom would
disappear into the attic or back shop only to return with a Rootes OEM
part. It was unbelievable.  Bette and Jennifer also need to receive
credit.  Bette allowed us to turn her living room into a parts dept for 7
months, made us dinner every night, and generally had the patience of a
saint to put up with the chaos for so long.

As I reflect back on it, it was a lot of fun and was very rewarding.  I
know you will once again enjoy driving your car, but this time with the
pride of knowing that you built it.  I look forward to seeing it soon.

Rob

66 Sunbeam Tiger (351 W)             64 Sunbeam Tiger (HiPo 289, Lord
Rootes Winner 2001)
65 Sunbeam Alpine (Rotary)       67 Mustang Fastback          98 Mustang
Cobra  # 4973

7 Month Tiger Restoration:
http://tiger351w.home.comcast.net

My Mustangs: