Front Crossmember Help?

To: "Tiger's Den" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Front Crossmember Help?
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 14:15:34 -0800
Listers,

Pattrick Watts, in the UK, writes some nice things about
TigersUnited.com, and asks for some information on his aluminum  front
cross member wedge.  He has been invited to join our list, but in the
interim could any Lister who has specific knowledge in this area post a
response on the list, and directly to Patrick?

Steve

Patrick Watts wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am preparing a tiger for the British Historic Rally Championship and have
>found the tips within your site very informative. There is nothing like this
>in the UK.
>
>I was a works driver for Peugeot in the BTCC (British touring cars). Initially
>under the late Des O,dell . The cars we drove were prepared in the same
>workshop as the tigers and one of my mechanics, old Bob, actually built them.
>
>So being a bit of a perfectionist in the geometric set up of my Tiger front
>end I have come across a dilemma.
>
> That is; why is the aluminium wedge between the front cross member and the
>chassis installed to tilt the suspension forwards and hence create pro-dive.
>If the wedge were put in with the thickest bit at the back it would almost
>create anti-dive.
>
>I thought that it had been installed incorrectly when I looked in an alpine
>manual so I went to change them around and saw that they are marked to put the
>thick end at the front. This is opposite to an alpine, and it creates
>pro-dive! Why?
>
>Have you or any of your members any theories?
>
>Look forward to hearing from you.
>
>Best  <<tiger1.JPG>> Regards Patrick Watts
>
>Attached: tiger pre-rally spec! Such a shame, (some say) only after I hit a
>tree in a welsh forest (I say).

Picture deleted for list rules!

--
-----