Re: RPM vs Torque - a Fairy Tale

To: "sosnaenergyconsulting" <sosnaenergyconsulting@cox.net>
Subject: Re: RPM vs Torque - a Fairy Tale
From: "Gary" <garywinblad@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2003 13:10:14 -0700
> zillion rpm, though.  I understand that they aren't much fun on a day to
> day basis unless I keep the revs up all the time--in fact, did I
> understand correctly that your final chapter to the story seemed to
> illustrate the benefits of day to day drivability from having lots of
> torque?

Ah HA!
I thought the point of the story was to have a light little car (like a
Tiger)
with gobs of  horsePOWER (high power to weight ratio).  BTW, some
people LIKE to keep the revs up there.  There are just different styles
of drivers.  I had a former girlfriend that had a 914, a 911 and a Boxster.
She felt perfectly comfortable keeping them up at the red line all over
town..  while I short shift EVERY time unless I am racing or something.

Gary