Radiator Tank

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Radiator Tank
From: Diane and Roland Dudley <csx2282@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 13:15:20 -0800
Instead of handing out free advise (ya get what ya pay for), I'm seeking
some.

My snake's coolant reservoir tank leaks.  I've tried repairing a couple
of
times but the repairs didn't take.  Probably I'll end up taking it to a
radiator shop to see if it can be repaired,.  But I thought if  I can
find
a new one for a reasonable price, I would just buy one.

The type it has is the type found on some early Mustangs (I think) or
perhaps Falcons.  It's rectangular in shape and made from stamped brass
sheet.  Originally it bolted to the front of the left head.  I've
relocated mine
to just behind the radiator, but that shouldn't matter.  So far, I
haven't
found a source for reproduction version.  I've found reproductions of the
type
used on original 427 Cobras, but the inlet and outlet on these are quite
bit differed from the ones my 289's tank.  BTW, I'm not referring to
the Harris spun aluminum tanks found on very early Cobras.  These are
readily available, but I don't care for them.

Anyone know of a source(s) for one of these tanks?

TIA,

Roland