Oil in Water

To: "'sfm081@rain.org'" <sfm081@rain.org>
Subject: Oil in Water
From: "Ronak, TP (Timothy)" <Timothy.Ronak@AkzoNobel.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 03:12:50 -0500
Jay,
I do have a lot of info from when I went through this timing cover issue. I
do have a 'repaired' spare but I chose not to use it as I found a mint 'K'
code cover that I used on the stroker motor. I paid $75 from Derek white and
then $100 to have it welded and just was not keen on putting it on my NEW
engine. If you are trying to get your car running again you are welcome to
it ... make me an offer ( I could even send it first). If you want a photo
let me know. The thickness is 2 3/8 inches and NOT 2 1/8 inches but you
could probably space your pulley out on the water pump to maintain belt
alignment if you want to run the thinner cover.
The key is that the cover is a 'K' code 289 cover for mustangs and they do
make a reproduction for about $175.
The problem you will run into is that the cover is porous and welding this
used 'dirty' material is VERY tough to do and do a nice job. If you want
give me a call 949-305-5393. I am on the road in Phoenix and that is why I
responded so slowly.
If you really want to upgrade the closed cover pump may be a better
alternative but will require a different cover as well.

Best Regards,

Tim Ronak
Business Development Manager
Akzo Nobel Coatings
23961 Via El Rocio
Mission Viejo, CA  92691
Off: (949) 305-5393
Fx: (425) 955-6268
Cell: (949) 289-3357
email: timothy.ronak@akzonobel.com
VM: (800) 234-6747 ext. 2257#

This message, including attachments, is confidential and may be privileged.
If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender then delete
and destroy the original message and all copies. You should not copy,
forward and/or disclose this message, in whole or in part, without
permission of the sender.