RE: More Temp. (and smoke) Problem Details

To: "'Sage'" <ssage@socal.rr.com>
Subject: RE: More Temp. (and smoke) Problem Details
From: "ron fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.biz>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 09:30:54 -0500
Steve
        I would change the thermostat and check the thermostat housing for
any obstructions.   I believe your temp spike is due to the thermostat not
opening properly and you get a momentary steam pocket at the sender.

        I prefer to use a 180 degree thermostat.   Ford engines are designed
to have less internal wear when the operating temperature is in the 180
neighborhood.   Also living in NY State I prefer to have good heat for the
cooler night we get.

Happy Thanksgiving

Ron Fraser

Ron:
The temp sender is on the intake manifold (Tiger). The thermostat is a
160 degree piece. I'm not sure how or why an air bubble would just set
itself under the temp sender though.

Steve

---