Re: Possible disaster???

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Possible disaster???
From: Carmods@aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 09:02:17 EST
Hi Scott,

Oil leak
I would look very closely at your head bolt and valve cover bolts again for
the leak. When the oil is hot, it doesn't leave much of a track. Try re-torque
the head bolts before you go to the work of removing the head.

Headers
Header designs are different. Some require the removal of both engine mounts
to replace the headers, which means you have to figure out how to support the
engine. I use a bottle jack and a long 3/8 inch socket extension with a socket
that centers on the front corner pan bolt. Do one side at a time. You can
jack the car up at the front cross member first so that you don't run out of
the
bottle jack stroke as the weight of the engine is transferred to the jack. You
can also jack the engine up at the front damper without harm.
Separate the two parts of the engine mounts that are held together with the
one large bolt to make it easier to remove them.

Replacing the head gasket in the car can be done but it's not an easy job to
describe and even harder to do correctly.

                                                                 John Logan