HiPo Help

Subject: HiPo Help
From: "Anthony & Susan" <jetbike@worldlynx.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 14:12:52 -0500
Listers,

I'm just about ready to start the rebuild on my 5 bolt 289 HiPo. I would
like to ask about the balancer which is thicker on the HiPo. One well known
Tiger guy tells me I would need to shim the rack to install the HiPo with
the original balancer due to the larger thickness. Another well known Tiger
guy tells me there is no problem with clearance due to the balancer is
recessed. My question is, is there any issue with using the larger balancer?
Also, would this affect the generator belt angle. Please keep in mind that
this is an original 5 bolt  289 HiPo. Not a late model mustang 302 or crate
motor. Thanks in advance and happy new year!

Regards,

ANT
B382001859LRXFE
TAC #540