Re: TIGER(?) on e-bay alert

To: deiland1@elp.rr.com
Subject: Re: TIGER(?) on e-bay alert
From: VegasLegal@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 22:01:56 EST
I've got the MK1a built 607 cars prior to the e-bay car (382000975).  At the
time my car was built (Nov. 1965) there was at least a partial transition to
the square corners.  My car has squared bonnet; squared doors; and rounded
trunk.

I've tried to stay out of the fun that everyone has picking on e-bay cars
(mine might be there someday, and I've got provenance better than TAC to prove
originality, but someone will find things that they say are wrong), but other
things to point out include:

Norm had told me that my build date would not have included a data plate in
addition to the vin and jal plates.  This is true on my car.  I don't know when
they would have started them up again if at all, but the MK1a on e-bay has a
data plate.

Again, on my car there is no Sunbeam script above the grill (but I have heard
that this was sometimes done by dealers).  Norm also points out on his web
site the pounded in dimple for the generator on the original car and the
special
welded in support on the wheel well.  I cannot see the former, and the latter
doesn't look quite right on the latter.  But when the car has its own frame
welded to the unibody, how is it a Tiger anyway.  Its a modified whatever now
sitting as a very pretty, and likely very very fast and scary, club racer
special.

Oh yeah, one more thing.  A flat aluminimum dash is the respite of those who
cannot use an English wheel or a jigsaw.

Bob Nersesian