Clutch Pushrod length spec.

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clutch Pushrod length spec.
From: "Kathy and Erich Coiner" <kathy.coiner@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 13:24:46 -0800
Does anyone know how long the pushrod from the slave cylinder to the release
arm should be?

Thursday night the rod hyper extended, dumped all the fluid and then jammed
in the on position.  I had neutral in all 4 gears.  I had this problem occur
about a year ago.  That time the slave cylinder mounting arm bent. It was
not the stock part, it was a cheesy homemade model that was too weak.

Today I crawled underneath to check things out.  I can't see any damage. The
release arm does not look bent or cracked, the slave mounting bracket is
straight and solid. The pushrod is not bent. I can't see inside the clutch
to determine if anything is wrong there.

I got about 6 clutch applications of warning before I was stuck.
I first noticed that the pedal effort dropped down by almost half.  It
seemed like there may have been more pedal freeplay once the pedal effort
went down.

Any help on how long the pushrod should be will be greatly appreciated.  I
plan to lengthen the rod, and rebleed things and hope all is well inside.  I
really don't want to pull a trans and clutch this winter.

Erich