RE: bearings

To: "'Per Lidefelt'" <per.lidefelt@telia.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: bearings
From: "ron fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.biz>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 13:42:21 -0500
        The bearings need to be inspected to tell if they are worn.
If the bearings are OK you only need to correctly tighten the spindle nut.

If you need to replace the bearings, you need to replace the race and cone
at the same time.   They should be sold as a set.

These are Timken Bearing part numbers;

Outer bearing - #1988 cone,  #1922 race

Inner bearing - #LM11949 cone,  #LM11910 race
Inner grease seal - BCA # 1090

You should be able to cross reference these numbers if necessary.
Ron Fraser