Extra Water Pump Pulley?

Subject: Extra Water Pump Pulley?
From: Sage <ssage@socal.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 00:11:13 -0800
On the front of the Tiger's water pump there is a bolt hole that accepts
a 5/16 coarse thread bolt. This would be the perfect place to bolt in
about a small 3" max diameter fan belt pulley. I want to do this to
design a different route for my fan belt that runs from the crank
pulley, up to the water pump pulley, and over to my A/C compressor,
which sits where the original generator used to be. The belt makes a
more or less big triangle shape now and doesen't make enough surface
contact with the pulleys. I can't tighten it enough so that the fan
doesn't slip with a bit of hand pressure. It's not making enough contact
with the compressor pulley for my liking either.

I want to install a pulley using that bolt hole on the water pump. The
new pulley will in effect push down on the v-belt's flat back, causing
the belt to wrap around the other pulleys more completely. I spent a
couple of hours at the local Pick Your Part junkyard and found a pulley
off a T-Bird that turns out to be close, but no winner. I looked at a
lot of cars and a good number of pulley setups, but nothing that will
work on the Tiger.

Does anyone know if that bolt hole in my water pump housing is, in fact,
intended for a belt pulley, and if so, where I could find one that might
work?

Thanks, as usual.

Steve Sage