Re: Tiger Front Suspension Design - New Article

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>, "Steve Laifman" <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Tiger Front Suspension Design - New Article
From: "Gary" <garywinblad@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 15:00:07 -0800
NOW we are gettin somewhere!!

Congrats Chuck, I applaud your ingenuity, this is wonderful!

Since my car is broken and is just sitting up there on my lift, I look
up every night when I go feed my dog and dream...

Has anyone given any thought to a total crossmember replacement?
I am thinking kind of a (late Mustang) K-member tubular type design
that bolts to the stock Tiger frame mounts...
IF we use a 5.0L Mustang two sump oil pan, a tube could go almost
straight across in line with the wheel bearings..
Another angled cross frame in front of the oil pan could provide the
extra needed strength and mount the Mustang rack down LOW way
back aft to provide CORRECT ackerman geometry when hooked up
to the Mustang II hot rod LOWERED spindles...

Hacksaw (dreaming) Gary