RE: Brake Bleeding the Gravity Way

To: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Brake Bleeding the Gravity Way
From: "Robin Young" <robin02@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 16:15:19 -0500
 Since I am adapting to the dual Nissan MC on my Tiger (and at one time
considering the pump driven power MC from the Audi) I was looking to gain
knowledge in this area.
Regards, Tom Witt

Tom,  I recently switched to a Nissan MC that was sent to me by Derek White
in Sri Lanka.

Fortunatly, he sent one modified to use vertical bolts and another one
unmodified from which I had to use the cap to put a air fitting in to
pressureize the system from the top. It would not gravity bleed. Dereks
brake design works great and with no booster. the car stops straight and
sure with just  a little more pedal travel than before. The feel is the
same.  The set up uses a 5/8" bore. Be sure  to hang onto  the tiger brake
push rod as this was needed in lieu of the Nissan push rod.  Robin B9471769