Seat Belts

To: <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Seat Belts
From: "Stu Brennan" <stubrennan@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 21:59:27 -0500
I've been investigating replacing the webbing in my seatbelts, but, as
usual, I'm thinking about expanding the project.  I had installed three
point belts in the stock locations a bunch of years back.

I've always felt that the lap belt portion of the belt was too high on
my lap, or was at too low of an angle.   It feels higher than in newer
cars, anyway.  I'm on the short side, so the seat is near the front of
its travel.  I tried finding some standards for such things, but all I
could find in some quick web searches, was info on installing full
racing harnesses.  The lap belt angle for those seemed to be in the area
of 45 degrees.  I'm wondering if the same standard applies to three
point harnesses.   Has anyone ever moved the belt mounting points
forward a bit to increase the angle?

Anybody have any thoughts along these lines?

Stu