Re: Tiger differentials

To: Leslie & Jim <jparent4@tampabay.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Tiger differentials
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 09:23:12 -0800
Jim,

I have a Dana 44 to be installed in my Mk I.  It is from a Jaguar Mk II
and made by Salisbury, the English division of DANA. It has the same
axle splines and ring gear retention as the Tiger Salisbury unit, and is
a bolt-in (with due respect for shimming ring and pinion).

The major difference from the US unit is the size of the carrier
retention bolt holes that allow the ring to be attached.  It is the same
as the Tiger gear, and slightly larger than the US retention gear bolt
holes.  This allows the stock ring and pinion to be used.  If a wide
ratio transmission gear set (Mk II style) is used the acceleration thru
the gears is greatly improved and a high numerical rear end is NOT required.

This eliminates the high motor revs at highway speed.

A "step bolt" is available for using the US gear set.

Steve

--
-----

Steve Laifman