Re: 289 Hi-Po Crankshaft Identification

To: rpalmer@ucsd.edu, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 289 Hi-Po Crankshaft Identification
From: Drmoonstone@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 18:21:32 EST
Another story in the same vein that I heard many years ago about the high
nickel blocks referred to blocks cast in Mexico and that it was not a factory
improvement but rather just the nature of those blocks cast in that foundry.
Sort
of an unexpected benefit. Don't know how true this is, but I can tell you
that when we raced the 289's always stayed together until we owed no more
money.
The first race after the engine was fully paid for resulted in a   glowing
cherry red crank on the track.
Hence, if I ever beat you out of a dollar you'll understand my reluctance to
"Pay in full."

Moonstone