RE: 4 lug halibrand rims

To: KJENSSEN@aol.com
Subject: RE: 4 lug halibrand rims
From: "Paul R. Breuhan" <prbreuhan@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 13:21:29 -0500
Kirt,
Unless you widen the wings/fenders I don't think they will fit front or
back.

My current wheels are 5.5" wide with 4-1/8" of back spacing and barely are
inside the front fenders.

For fun I bolted up a Ford 10-hole wheel off of a 1990 Mustang...it's 7"
wide and has around 5" of back spacing...and on the front it just fits. On
the rear the backspacing is a bit too much...I think on the back the best
would be a 7" wide wheel with 4-1/2" backspacing.

I am looking at Weld Racing Draglites...
On the front 15x5" with 3-1/2" backspacing...then having them custom widen
to 6"...to give me 4-1/2" of back spacing. I want to go to a 195/50/15 tire
in the front.

On the back 15x7" wheels with 4-1/2" backspacing...with a 215/50/15 or
225/50/15 tire.

Of course this all just theory on my part since first I need to sell my five
14" Minilite style wheels before I can go out and spend the money...any
takers?

Paul

>From: KJENSSEN@aol.com
>To: tigers@autox.team.net
>CC: alpines@autox.team.net
>Subject: 4 lug halibrand rims
>Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 22:08:06 EST
>
>I plan on purchasing a set of PS Engineering SC 4-Lug 15" Halibrand rims
>for
>my Tiger.
>
>I have measured and it looks as though I may be able to fit the following :
>
>                                     15 x 8's for the rear with a 4.5"
>backspacing
>                                                             &
>                                     15 x 7's for the front with a 3.5"
>backspacing
>
>My inner wheel well lip-edges have been relieved by a previous owner, so I
>have a bit of extra clearance.
>
>I would like to get some feedback from the Tiger community regarding tire
>selection and the backspacing.
>
>Does anyone have any ideas or thoughts they would be able to share ?
>
>Thanks,
>      KIRT JENSSEN

Find things fast with the new MSN Toolbar  includes FREE pop-up blocking!