Not tiger

To: DJoh797014@aol.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Not tiger
From: Bob Melusky <bmelusky@netscape.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 21:50:02 -0500
I have a story about trusting visegrips.

Back in my (folly of a misspent) youth (72-73?), one of the guys that
used to hang around the bike shop had a turbo corvair. .  He was a total
nutcase behind the wheel and the only time I rode in his car was when he
was pushing a ton of boost and had not sorted out the detonation. I felt
a little "safer" with this governor, but the car was still wicked fast
and the suspension was set up so you could tell the date on a dime if
you rode over it.  I think my friend's 510 with 20 lbs of boost was a
little quicker, but that is another story...

Anyway, he took his car to Lime Rock on the Porsche Club day on the
track and failed inspection when a front brake line let go.  You guessed
it. He went over to the far side of the pits and rolled up a section of
the line, clamped it down with vise grips and went through "inspection".
 He turned in the 2nd FTD to a 911 that came in on a trailer....

He later put in a 215 F85 engine with a reverse cam and te last time I
saw him he was flipping it around into a mid engine setup.   I never
rode in that car again.