New Lister

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: New Lister
From: Dave Munroe <dave@munroe.ca>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 17:32:48 -0400
Hello all;

Just discovered this list. I am in the final stages of restoration of my
'65 Tiger. I wish I had found this group 6 months ago! I have made
progress so far with the help of many west coast tiger nuts. Especially
Mark Olsen, Rick at Rootes.com, and Doug Babcock of STOA. They are all
probably getting tired of hearing from me!

I bought this car last August ('03) in Worcester, Ma. It supposedly had
been fully restored in '86-'88, and never driven afterwards. It was
stored in a dry, but unheated barn for the last 14 years. I actually
drove it 700 miles home, (which I now realize I was taking my life in my
hands...ignorance is bliss!)

There were a ton of leaks from underneath - front to back - so I hauled
the motor. Off with the pan, and it was not a pretty sight. Suffice it
to say it was maybe 2 or 3 revolutions from total destruction. Anyway,
the motor is now completely rebuilt, the body has been stripped, some
minor rust repaired, a David Kee tranny rebuild kit is about to be
installed, and I have had the crossmember straightened, reinforced and
repainted.

Last job is the steering rack. The boots were shot and full of holes.
There was no oil inside, and I believe it was reinstalled after the
first "resto" with grease squirted in every nook and cranny. I pulled
the rods off the ends of the rack, lubed them and re-installed them,
torquing the socket until the rods would not fall of their own weight.
I've put new boots on, and laid awake last night thinking I should have
this rack looked at by an expert.

Is there such a person? Are new racks available? Exchange, maybe??

Hope to hear form you tiger dudes.

Many thanks,

Dave