Re: pcv connection

To: "Steve Laifman" <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Subject: Re: pcv connection
From: "bob josten" <bobjosten@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 14:06:33 -0700
Hi Steve,
Thanks for the info.
How does one go about getting a throttle cable bracket? I assume that is
something that has to be fabricated. There is a local guy with a Mk2 but
somewhere along the line he swapped the Holley for an Edelbrock and changed
things around.

I was a bit confused about the temp sender also. On the website it says that
the correct thread for the Smith sender is 5/8-18 straight thread but then
there is a mention of another sender that might work with the tapered
threads (the TT6811/01).  It sounds like it is best to weld and retap.
The stock thermostat housing is cast iron. The F4B I bought was old but in
good condition around the thermostat area. Is is still better to get an
aliminum housing? I read somewhere that the cast housing can be powdercoated
to prevent corrosion, maybe that's not the best idea.
The car is not even in front of me so I'll end your interogation at this
point. I'm sure you've answered these same questions over and over so I
admire you patience.

The other day I met the father of a friend of mine named Barry Greenberng.
He raced Tigers in the mid-70's and he said over the years he owned a total
of 14 Tigers. At one point he owned five cars at once and was a member of
CAT.

My friend (his daughter, now about 40) said she used to drill the holes in
the cast aluminum valve covers they were making for CAT.

Bob