13" Tires

To: "TIGER LIST" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: 13" Tires
From: "John Stithem" <mai65tai@sonic.net>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 13:06:33 -0700
There has been alot of dialog about the lack of speed rated 13" tires, but no
one has mentioned Toyo's. I have been running 205/60 13" Toyo AR-1's for the
past 5 years and have been VERY happy with them. They wear well for a sticky
tire, hold the road for street driving and on the track and the price is much
better than the Hoosiers, Yokohamas and Kumho's comparable tires.
With these tires we have taken 1st place in the Tiger class the past 2 years
at the Virginia City Hillclimbs against some very fast tiger drivers, and have
beaten many other Shelby cars and misc. Ferrari's. As far as I have been able
to find out Toyo does not plan on stopping production of these tires.
For the Tiger owner that wants to keep the original size wheel (I still
occasionally show the car and still want to remain in the Personalized Class)
this is an excellent tire for the money and provides excellent performance.

John Stithem