Insurance

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Insurance
From: Carmods@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 09:44:16 EDT
Terry, you ask the following.
<<Any insurance companies to avoid (horror stories) or any highly
recommended? >>
I had an interesting experience with my car insurance yesterday. I have a
Mustang Cobra insured with a regular company that also insures my house. I have
the Tiger and a Cobra replica insured with Hagerty.

I wanted to add a '73 VW to Hagerty so I called my agent who handles both.
She suggested that if I added the VW to my regular insurance company policy, I
would get a reduced rate on the Mustang. She went through the calculations. It
turned out the drop in the Mustang insurance was $30 per year more than the VW
insurance, so I'm getting the VW for free while saving $30 per year.

Does all that make sense to you insurance experts?

                                                                    John L