Sunbeam Owners Club formed in 1960, two publications

To: Alpines Digest <owner-alpines@autox.team.net>, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Sunbeam Owners Club formed in 1960, two publications
From: Steven Silverstein <milano164@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 21:46:55 -0400
Some of you might remember a few months ago I mentioned that H.J. Meyer
had sent me issues of two Rootes publications,  "The Rootes Reporter"
and "The Sunbeam".  Both very good issues from 1962.  One newsletter
which was intended for the dealers and the other newsletter for the
Owners Club.  Well,  I found an old article in a Competition Press
newspaper which announced the formation of the Sunbeam Owners Club.  It
appears the club was formed in late 1960 and planed rallies as well as
European tours.    The Acting Secretary was Steve DaCosta, of the
Rootes Corporation, and of course his contact information is the
corporate office on Park Avenue.

It sure would be nice to find Steve DaCosta or additional copies of the
publications.   Both issues really were time capsules of the
activities of the Rootes Corporation.   I can only imagine the coverage
of the Sebring races in 1961 and 1962.   But as it is I am at a loss on
where we might find any more of these publications.  My guess is they
were produced from mid-1960 until about 1965 when Chrysler stepped in.

Steve Silverstein