eBay Sunbeam "Tiger"?

To: "Tiger's Den" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: eBay Sunbeam "Tiger"?
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 13:02:41 -0700
A Sunbeam "Tiger" is currently at auction on eBay at:

<
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6057&item=2480293234&rd=1

<http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6057&item=2480293234&rd=1>

It sure LOOKS great, even with the non LAT hood.  BUT there are a few
things to notice in the very nice description and photographs.

1) Although the "Title" is listed as "Clear", later in the
"Specifications" it says "Clear (most titles)" - whatever that might mean.
2)  The car pictures may look immaculate, but this is the first TIGER I
have seen with vertically mounted spare in the trunk, as in ALPINE.
3) The shift lever may be what a Hurst conversion looks like, I don't
know.  However, it does not look like the round chrome shift stick,
reverse lockout, and round rubber bottom steel retainer.
4) I can't tell leather from grained plastic from a picture, and
sometimes not from visual without feeling.  Some call vinyl "leather" as
in "appearance".  For another $1500 worth of added value it is worth
verifying.
5) "B9471568" data is "withheld" in TBON, so no help there.  Although
Norman may have direct information.
6) The Jensen build date is Dec, 1964.  This is quite a ways from the
claimed "1966" model year, and calls to mind the question over title!

Caveat Emptor

Steve
<http://www.carad.com/eBaymotors/viewPhotos.cfm?listing=1213351&template=48>

--