Re: Tiger EBay (digging deep and looking close)

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tiger EBay (digging deep and looking close)
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 22:14:43 -0700
  For whatever it's worth I took the picture showing the rear bottom side of
the car into Photoshop, enlarged it and increased the brightness. I was able
to see the dual "pass-unders" and both (sets of) the original style exhaust
mounts. I was NOT able to tell if they looked "retrofitted" or not. Given
the current exhaust system you are left to wonder (unless they really knew
how to fake it) why they would go to the trouble to create something they
weren't going to use.

   I also did the same with the picture of the trunk. I can't make out what
it is that is mounted near the original battery ground mount (battery or
fuel shut-off???), but the hole for the fuel pump vent seems to be there.
Assuming the battery is in the standard Alpine location it would be
interesting to see how it was installed. I doubt one would go to the trouble
to spot weld one in where it supposedly wasn't (anyone want to ask the guy
for a close up?).
    It's not my call as to what it really is, just my observations.
Tom Witt