remove/replace oil pressure guage

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: remove/replace oil pressure guage
From: JHMEARSRN@aol.com
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 20:51:44 EDT
Well,guys, I was able to remove and replace the oil guage easily. Here's what
worked
for me. I really didn't want to go to the effort of pulling the seat or lower
the
steering column if I could avoid it.  The first thing I did was go over to
Wal-Mart
drug dept. and buy a large 8"x6" hand mirror ($2.99). I would recommend this
everyone even if not pulling your oilguage. Put your extension light on the
tranny tunnel, sit in the drivers seat and take a look. Everything on the back
of the dash is very easily seen. Going up to the right of the steering column
is a space for your
right hand to reach the back of the guage and easily remove the two knurled
nuts
that hold U-shaped bracket.
   When replacing the guage, hold the U-bracket in place with your right
hand, making
sure not to entangle the guage light and ground wire with it.   With a little
luck, when
you slowly push the guage into the dash the bracket and guage will line right
up. I
hit it first try. Attach your ground wire to the guage, tighten the two
knurled nuts
down and thats it.
   With that big mirror you will find the ground wire connections, the
flasher unit,
the dash guages voltage regulator  and everything else easy to access. When
you
buy that mirror get the black one. It won't show greasy fingerprints.
    Thanks to Tom, John, Steve, Mark, Stu, and others who responded so
quickly for
my request for help. Thats what makes this list great........

John Mears
B9471072