Re: SB 2683 was Re: Calif smog law

To: Frank Marrone <itswonderful@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: SB 2683 was Re: Calif smog law
From: sosnaenergyconsulting <sosnaenergyconsulting@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 16:10:14 -0700
>On the other hand if you give them An inch...

Exactly!
The rolling exemption was first suggested years ago and kept not
happening.  It was finally enacted about 2 years ago and here we are,
two years later--and they're trying to rescind it.
Before that, cars 1965 and older were exempt, 1966 (my tiger's year) and
newer were not. The rolling exemption was *part* of a law that exempted
cars built before 1974.
Today it's the rolling exemption that gets rescinded.
Tomorrow, it'll be all cars built after 1965.
Next time--well, perhaps next time it'll be no exemptions, no how no
way, no matter what year the car was made.
While at present I have no particular interest in cars built after 1976,
I figure fighting for the rolling exemption is enlightened self interest.
Give 'em an inch and they'll take the whole thing.  Old cars are a
convenient target and I figure speaking up for the rolling exemption
works on my behalf too.

Today's laws can be changed tomorrow and I believe that if I don't keep
on top of things, the legislators will legislate my Tiger right off the
road.

Regards

David Sosna