Wiper Motor Brushes

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wiper Motor Brushes
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 09:09:38 -0700
Before I spend hours seaching the "net" is there anyone out there that has a
source for the motor brushes for the Tiger wiper motor. Mine were a hair away
from the metal holder grooving the commutator. I sanded down some brushes that
I pilaged from a deceased angle grinder, but they seemed much softer than the
brushes I took out (the originals seemed to have a copper/carbon matrix).
   Also, how hot is this motor supposed to run? I hooked it to a battery
charger and it was only pulling 2 amps, but I was barely able to hold it in my
hand (that is not very sensitive to heat) after about 10 minutes.
Thanks, Tom Witt