re: special options

To: Tiger Group <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: special options
From: Rande Bellman <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 15:26:30 -0400
The Chrysler dealer option is new to me, but it reminds me of the "COPO"
cars available through select Chevy dealers, usually Chevy 427 versions
of Camaro, Chevelle, and Chevy II/Novas. Central Office Production
Options were batches of cars built for specific Chevy dealers, with
names like Baldwin-Motion, Yenko, Dana, Nickey. Though not available
from every Chevy dealer, Chevy allowed individual dealers to order, lets
say, 50 Camaro 427's in one batch, like special paint orders. If a
current owner has all of the corroborating paperwork to back up the car,
these models are worth a hefty premium. I think Otis Chandler has a
small museum in Oxnard/Ventura with examples of these cars. The value
and providence is all in the documentation available.

My opinion is that Cobra valve covers needn't detract from the value of
the car if, for example, the seller has the purchase agreement
indicating the dealer delivered the car to the original buyer like this.