Stuck Hood (again)

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Stuck Hood (again)
From: Packertl3@aol.com
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 18:32:27 EDT
Today I met a fellow Tiger owner at the Ventura British Car Show. While
working on his clutch master cylinder he allowed the hood to close. Per
Murphy's
Law, when he pulled the hood release rod it lost its purchase on the last
thread
of the anchor nut and came completely out of the firewall and into the
passenger compartment with the hood still tightly closed. (Even if the captured
anchor nut vibrated off I'm not sure how the rod got pulled out with the
locknut
still on the shaft??)

I know the subject of remotely releasing a hood has been addressed thoroughly
over the last couple years. But if you'd be so kind as to run it down again I
will call the owner with your suggestions.
Thanks
Terry Packer
9470018