Re: Anyone Take Pictures at SUNI IV?

To: Tom Hall <modtiger@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Anyone Take Pictures at SUNI IV?
From: jwebb@fbs.net
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 10:03:29 -0400
Tom:

Well put about the fotos. I feel exactly the same way.

I made it back fine with no problems (except for the blistering heat).
As you may have heard by now, my running partner Chuck was not
so fortunate.

His engine (new engine, at that) started running rough as we rolled
into Las Vegas, NM. As luck would have it, we found a neat,
professional performance shop in town, staffed by guys who
actually knew what they were doing. They diagnosed a couple of
wiped cam lobes, apparently because the engine builder set the
valve lash too tight.

I hung around for 24 hours and made sure he was in good hands
and then ran back solo. He ended up being there 5 days, while they
got a new cam/lifter set and installed it. He just got home Sunday
nite.

Too much fun. BTW, he wants Rob to send him the Hard Luck
Award -- or was it The Dumb Shit Award.

Cheers,

John Webber