Re: Dipstick for 260 Engine

To: Theodore Brown <tbrown@midcoast.com>
Subject: Re: Dipstick for 260 Engine
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 08:16:07 -0700
Tod,

According to the Official Rootes  Parts List Supplement for the SUNBEAM
"260" (Tiger), as posted on TigersUnited.com
 < http://www.tigersunited.com/parts_rs260/factparts.asp > and
downloadable in PDF by section or entire document, the correct Rootes
part number for the 260 dipstick is 1224808, on Page AF3, and pictured
on Plate A - Section - AF.

It appears to be a special item for this car, or part of their
"industrial engine" line that made the Tiger engine.

Maybe a cut down longer length standard Ford, remounted in top cup can
be made from Pick-A-Part.  Just make sure the graduations on the bottom
are properly spaced.

Steve

Theodore Brown wrote:

> Hello All:
> Does anyone have a dipstick for a 260 block they would like to part with?
> Or how about the Ford PN?  The Rootes PN is 6100734 but I have no
> way to cross reference it.  Will the dipstick from a 289 work?  Any help
> would be appreciated.  Thanks.
> Tod
> B382002384LRXFE

-----