Timing and Pre-ignition

To: "'sosnaenergyconsulting@cox.net'" <sosnaenergyconsulting@cox.net>
Subject: Timing and Pre-ignition
From: "Ronak, TP (Timothy)" <Timothy.Ronak@AkzoNobel.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 12:42:16 -0400
David,
Timing for a small block ford from all of the input I have received should
be around 34-35 degrees ... ALL IN. Now it does depend on a particular
combination as Longer rods may like a little more or less timing and more
stroke might like a little more or less as well. One common phenomenon is
that most engines like a little retarding (less advance like 30-32 degrees)
at higher RPM but this is usually only available with some direct crank
controlled electronic ignition systems.
On my stroker Motor I run 35 degrees Total with 16 initial so that means
there is about 19 degrees in the distributor.

As for polishing the sharp edges in the chamber and on the piston. I have
ALWAYS done this as a way to protect my bearings from the chance of getting
a BAD tank of gas. I am only at 10.1 :1 but I still feel it is worth the
effort. On the Tigers untied Wed site you can see the smoothed edges of my
pistons.

Best Regards,

Tim Ronak
Business Development Manager
Akzo Nobel Coatings
23961 Via El Rocio
Mission Viejo, CA   92691
Off: (949) 305-5393
Fx: (425) 955-6268
Cell: (949) 289-3357
email: timothy.ronak@akzonobel.com
VM: (800) 234-6747 ext. 2257#

This message, including attachments, is confidential and may be privileged.
If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender then delete
and destroy the original message and all copies. You should not copy,
forward and/or disclose this message, in whole or in part, without
permission of the sender.