Re: Front brake caliper rebuild

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Front brake caliper rebuild
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 12:12:56 -0700
  Regarding the problem that Chris has I had a thought the other day. I
needed an O-ring for my garden sprayer. Not having one of the correct size I
took a piece of rubber, and using two different sized gasket punchs made
one. This was really a
square o-ring (which as I understand is what the caliper has?).
    If one found suitable rubber (perhaps from a Girling wheel cylinder cup
etc.) I'm curious if it is possible to make this part that seems to be the
limiting factor in opening the caliper.
 Anyway, just a thought to a common problem that can be improved upon or
discarded as not workable by input.
Tom Witt