Re: Front brake caliper rebuild--center seals

To: c_mottram@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Front brake caliper rebuild--center seals
From: Diane & Roland Dudley <csx2282@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 17:22:56 -0700
The correct seals are available from a number of suppliers.
Don't use O-rings!  No, they don't come in the rebuild kit.

Try:
Dave Bean Engineering, Inc.
636 East Saint Charles Street
Star Route 2
San Andreas, CA 95249
phone: (209) 754-5802
FAX:   (209) 754-5177
www.davebean.com

Roland

Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 07:41:34 -0700 (PDT)
From: Chris Mottram <c_mottram@yahoo.com>
Subject: Front brake caliper rebuild

I removed my front caliper and split it in half before
reading the manual (i.e. don't split it open - dummy).
Is it time to send it to the rebuild shop or can I
replace the seal (does that come in the rebuild kit)
and tighten using torques wrench to proper spec?

Thanks - I need to stop creating more work for myself
on this thing....

Chris