Re: Tiger originality

To: Dave Munroe <dave@munroe.ca>
Subject: Re: Tiger originality
From: sosnaenergyconsulting <sosnaenergyconsulting@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 10:04:45 -0700
Dave:
Very well put. I just wanted to 'second' what you wrote. I appreciate
the Tigers that have been kept (or restored to) original, and I like the
modifieds too--especially seeing them side by each at a car show. Since
the P.O. modified the heck out of my Tiger some 30-odd years ago,
originality is, of necessity, somewhat less of a concern for me (and the
safety issues of a failing brake light switch DO concern me a bit).
Right now, scraping the money together to keep it running is enough of a
challenge--converting it back to stock is not only cost prohibitive for
me, I'd lose the particular character of the car along the way. It's not
stock, but at last I own a Tiger. It's mine, mine I tell you! Ahem--sorry.
So I hang on to posts like Theo's and Steves--and hopefully I can
remember where I put them when I need them (grin).

Oh, by the way, the writer Burt Levy once wrote the following for what
was British Car Magazine: "Character in a motor car is made up largely
of its warts, flaws, excesses and shortcomings. Seamless perfection can
be pretty damn boring."

By that criteria, it seems to me that ALL Tigers, stock or modified,
have bags of character.

Best Regards

David Sosna