Timing Help

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Timing Help
From: "Bruce Richards" <bdrtx@swbell.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 18:10:08 -0500
I need a little help on setting my timing.  Car was a little rough, had a
mechanic adjust the timing (by ear, couldn't see the timing wheel), ran
really great, no jumping at low speed, cranked easier after warmed up.
After breaking a rocker stud (could just be coincidence, broke just below
nut on the threads)  I am concerned that the timing was not right.  I know 6
degrees should be the norm, but I just wanted some advice since I have put a
little hotter cam in.

1965 260

Rhodes lifters

Magnum roller tips

Comp Cams 31-218-2 Cam

                                                    Intake     Exhaust

Valve Adjustment                           0            0

Gross Valve Lift                              0.456      0.456

Duration @ 0.006 tappet lift             268         268

Valve timing @ 0.006                     Open      Close

Intake                                            28          60

Exhaust                                         68          20

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bruce

B9470147