Re: And you thought we had it tough...

To: Lawrence Wright <wrightsinseabrook@msn.com>
Subject: Re: And you thought we had it tough...
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 11:50:25 -0700
Larry,

You know, from reading TBON, that Chrysler did try to get their V-8
under a new model, which never saw any production.  From Chrysler's
ACTUAL history, if they had kept Rootes alive, the Tiger would probably
have a 1500 cc Japanese engine.  Only the name remains the same,
everything else gets worse.

As a matter of fact, there WAS a later "Sunbeam Tiger", based on a
production Rootes familymobile.  "Avenger" type comes to mind, but Jay
is the expert on that stuff.  Small four banger, but all the lovable
British traits, like leaking oil, low performance, that comes with the
home brew components.  Imagine, if you can, electrics by Girling and
hydraulics by Lucas.

Strange???

Not really.  Lucas owns Girling, now, and their first step forward is to
remove the brake fluid from the market and discontinue replacement
rebuild kits.  The next thing in line for the shredder is the cross
reference index to Girling parts, and the release for early retirement
of all former Girling employees.

Now, quit complaining.  Imagine if you owned a Moon or Stutz!

Steve

--
-----

Steve Laifman