RE: Front suspension

To: "'Kathy and Erich Coiner'" <kathy.coiner@gte.net>,
Subject: RE: Front suspension
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.biz>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 11:34:29 -0400
Erich
        There are a number of welds that should be done to the A-arms and to
the cross member.
STOA I believe printed an article about this many years ago.
http://66.175.58.218/tech/urethane/ar-stoabushings1.html

This web site will show you some of the welds on the A-arms but its contents
are not about the welding.  All welding is done with old parts in place to
minimize distortion; the old parts are not re-used.   Welds are added to the
bushing holders and the upper ball joint ring.   The cross member has a
number of re-enforcement welds added.  Contact Tom Hall, the author of the
article, maybe he has the welding re-enforcement article on computer
somewhere.    Maybe someone else knows where that information is online.

        One of the best things to do is check the Tiger Manual, section F,
check all the A-arm dimensions, line up and square up the bushing holders
before assembly.   Check the ball joints for looseness using the procedures
in the Manual before you remove them from the car.  Replace parts as needed.

Ron Fraser