[Faked Classics] Reply from Hotrodline.com

To: "Tiger's Den" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Faked Classics] Reply from Hotrodline.com
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 10:58:42 -0700
Tigers,

I have been unable to forward the response I got to my inquiry to the
Central Valley Classics.  It, and my commentary, were too long for the
list to post.  If there is enough interest, I will forward them
separately.  In general he denies responsibility as he is "only an
advertiser", and threatens me with unspecified legal action for even
asking if he has checked out the claims made, as well as lambasting our
good Norman, Sean, and JENSEN!!

However, following up on the responsibilities of a merchant handling ad
postings, I contacted HotRodHotLine.com, a large operator in this area,
and asked what they do.  I have included their quick reply, and find it
refreshing that there are honest merchants out there.  Of course they
specialize in real Hot Rods, not sports cars, but they do it well, and
are ad carriers.

Enjoy, and let me know if anyone wants me to post the reply and separate
my commentary on CVC, who is now advertising in his local newspaper as well.

Steve