Battery Drain

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Battery Drain
From: "Jen/Scott" <jsloan798@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 23:29:54 -0700
Hello all,

    I am trying to diagnose a battery drain in my car and I am not
having any luck. It seems to take about a week to drain the battery to
12.00 volts vs the normal 12.6. If I unhook the battery, it is fine, and
I even tried a different battery, with no luck. I read in a book about
the current draw test, where you unhook the neg (or ps, I can't
remember) cable, and hook a test light from the cable to the battery,
and if the light comes on, you have a draw. That came up with nothing,
since the light never lit up until I turned something on to check it.
Anyone have any other suggestions rather than unhooking the battery
every time? Thanks

Scott